Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Strong Bows are STRONG

Ok, I'm gonna try to write this quickly because I have a massive headache. A little too much bonding too late last night.

I had my internship (sorry, work placement) interview yesterday morning. The offices are right off Camden Market, it's a really hip location. I seemed to feel a little out of place walking there in my black dress and black heels when everyone else around was wearing colorful pants and prints. But no matter because I *not* get lost and even got there 10 min early.

So instead of going straight to Interact, I headed to the bathroom to make last min checks on my hair and make-up. I was still looking in the mirror when I heard WAH WAH WAH PLEASE SAFELY MOVE TO THE EXITS WAH WAH WAH. It was a fire alarm going off literally next to my head.

I didn't know what to do. Maybe it would shut off? Should I just go to the office and scream over the alarm? What if it's an actual fire?

So I walked downstairs where I saw the fire marshal waiting while everyone came out. It's a very small office building, maybe 30 or 40 people were standing together talking. It was pretty obvious I didn't belong. The marshal was writing everyone's name down to make they got out all right, I was worried he was going to ask me and I'd have to be like 'Um...I don't actually work here..I just..like fire drills?" But eventually a woman came up to me and asked if I was Aviva for the internship with Maryland. And it was smooth after that.

Last night we went to the Ish Bar and then to The Rocket, which is a massively popular pub for students. It was a great night except for when some woman grabbed my hair and screamed "IS THIS REAL? CURLY HAIR IS SO LOVELY! I LOVE IT!" Ok, thanks lady, no need to yank here.

I'm glad that I got to hang out with more people on my program, especially since I won't be back until Saturday night, and I'm missing a lot of stuff. My roommates think I never want to come out with them since I'm never here on the weekends. It's hard but I think after the Chagim it'll be a little easier.

Have a great Rosh Hashana!



One more thing. I'm trying to raise money for the Jewish National Fund so I can go and do community service there this winter break. If you wanna do something nice before Rosh Hashana, I'd appreciate literally any amount donation.
Thanks!
http://support.jnf.org/site/TR/Events/ASBPages?px=3479930&pg=personal&fr_id=1680

No comments:

Post a Comment