Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My First London Injury!

I'm so tired right now. But I know if I don't write now, tomorrow all the details will be pretty fuzzy.

I woke up this morning all set to go to Buckingham Palace, but my throat was bothering me so I was like, fuck it, Buckingham Palace isn't going anywhere. So I went back to sleep for another 3 hours. I assumed my roommates had gone out (I need to stop doing that) so when I saw them come out of their room later I was like "Oh, you guys haven't left yet?" and one said "Nope..but we did hear you singing in the shower earlier." Dammit, these girls need bells.

Today was an adventure however, I discovered the birthplace of chaos. And that place...is Primark. What was described to me as Target, was a massive department store with the feeling of Black Friday. On a random Wednesday afternoon.

As soon as my roommate and our friend walked through the door, I lost them. It was pandemonium. I was shoving things in my cart just because others were grabbing things. I lost all sense of time or purpose or moral compass. I was simply in survival mode. I did however end up getting useful things such as sheets and a towel. I also seemed to have bought two size 14 sweaters and 6 belts. Actually 6 belts. JUST because they were 3 pounds for 2! So...does anyone need to borrow a belt? I have a few.

Tonight a few of us went to club called Moonlighting. This was described as a "chill place, like a pub. No you don't need to change out of your giant Primark sweater." But alas this "chill place" turned out to be a raging night club which looked like the inside of a spaceship. I was clearly underdressed, seeing as most of these girls were wearing spandex dresses. I had forgotten my spandex attire at home.
It had taken us around an hour to actually find this place. During said walk I turned around for a second to ask my friend a question and when I turned around I smacked my face into a street pole. It was actually very cartoon-like. And quite painful. I think I might be developing a bruise there. My first London injury!

It's not even that late but my throat has started hurting again, and I don't want a late start tomorrow since it will be the highlight of my life: Jack The Ripper walking tour.

Adios Muchachos.

1 comment:

  1. stooooop! you're ridikulus! (HP ftw) Save me the sweaters .

    ReplyDelete