Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Woman in Black

Good afternoon class.

Yesterday was work day. Yet as you recall my sister was here and loves waking up early to do things. So we went to the Sherlock Holmes museum (again). As you might also recall, last time I was there I was so enthralled with the fact that you were allowed to touch things that this time I went a little crazy and saying things like 'touch ALL the things!' while rummaging through Dr. Watson's medical supply bag. Obviously this alerted a worker dressed as maid who politely yet harshly told me that I should remember that I am in a museum. Ouch.

Work was boring. I still don't have a place to work really so I'm constantly being told to move from conference room to inner office to chair next to the outlet. It's exhausting but I don't actually do anything so I understand. I like working in the private conference room though so no one can see me doodle Minnie Mouse on my arm while pretending to research nature reserves.

Last night Shira and I went to see a play called The Woman in Black (I know, I don't see enough plays). It's being made into a movie with Daniel Radcliff and was titled the scariest play in the West End. I had never been to a horror themed play and I was thinking 'psh, how can a PLAY be scary?'. Uh, I can tell you how it can be scary...but I don't want to ruin it. But I think they did an AMAZING job. The only thing that was annoying were the entire 8th grade class field trip sitting behind us who were talking and screaming when it wasn't a scary part. I'm sure I was never that annoying in 8th grade. I'm still excited for the movie though, it looks crazy plus D-Rad. So how can that be bad? He doesn't even have his annoying magic to save him this time.

This morning Shira left at 5am yet decided to text me 7 times from the airport. Sheesh Shirs don't you know I need 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep? I'm seeing her in 2 weeks anyways when I go to Israel. I just realized that my blog only has 2 weeks left. Then people in Malaysia and Germany will have to find something else to read. I'm going to miss this secret public journal I've kept, although I won't miss when I tell people a story and they say "yeah, I read it on your blog." Double awk.

I had my script writing class today where I got some brownie points for know the feminist blog Jezebel. Sometimes I feel like my teacher is really impressed by the things I say and sometimes I feel like she thinks I'm a racist sheltered dumb American. Ah, well. At least I'm not like this Scottish (cousin-dater) boy in my class who said something along the lines of "Rich means Jewish in America."

Tonight we're off to see Reasons to be Pretty for my theater class. I'm pretty sure I could just go to the theater everyday. Shira suggested that maybe I could just review plays for a living. Which actually sounds like something I could be pretty good at. As long as those plays have Robert Sheehan or Daniel Radcliff in them.

1 comment:

  1. IF you don't want me to text you in the middle of the night don't
    a. make me see a scary play so that i'm terrified when i'm outside by myself
    b. tell me you're leaving your phone downstairs

    also so fab that you're calling him D-Rad

    ReplyDelete