Monday, November 28, 2011

Brighton Early

So today's blog goes out to my friend Mollie who told me that if I don't update my blog she'll stop going to class since she'll have nothing to read. Please go to class Mollie! Don't end up like me.

I had a very nice Shabbat with my sistah at a family friend's house in Pinner. It's so nice eating food that isn't pasta and mozzarella cheese. Even though that's nice too.
I heard a very funny story from the wife though that I'd like to share because every time I say it in my head I laugh. So she was on a flight to Israel and all these Charadim are gathering in the back and talking loudly, as they do. There was an American girl who was trying to sleep and they were all crowded around her chair so she politely asks them to move since she really had to sleep on this flight and they were being very loud. They ignore her. So she tries again. They ignore her. So she goes "RIGHT" and picks up her shirt, wearing nothing underneath. And they RUN.
How amazing?

Another awesome I learned this weekend was that there is a Friends cookbook written in 1995. They had it at their house and it's selling on Amazon for 1 dollar so I think everyone should buy it for me on Hannukah.

Sunday Shira and I woke up bright and early for a trip back to Brighton. We were so lucky that it was GORGEOUS out. The pier and beach were beautiful. The rides were amazing. And by amazing I mean I cried embarrassingly on the Haunted House, screamed like a baby on the roller coaster and disgraced our country on the mechanical bull.
It was too good to pass up the opportunity to ride it and those lucky enough to see the video on Facebook know that it did not end well for me.
Shira asked the operator how long I needed to stay on to get a prize.
"30 seconds"
Me: "30 seconds? Psh, that's nothing. I'll be on for 10 hours. Get the prize ready. I'm from America, we invented bulls"
"*biggest eye roll of the century*"

Let's see. First attempt: 2 seconds. Second attempt: 1 second. Third attempt: 3 seconds.
The little crowd that formed was very disappointed.
After milkshakes and bumper cars (or 'dodge 'ems' as they're called. It's funny though because when the Brits bump into you, they apologize. It's adorable)

This morning, Shira and I headed out SO EARLY to see Big Ben and Platform 9 3/4.
We ended up at the London Film Museum. Which was interesting since it was this MASSIVE place with hallways full of props from all sorts of movies...most of which happened to be American. Superman and The Mummy and The Simpsons and Star Wars. But there was some cool stuff about James Bond and Alfred Hitchcock and Harry Potter (obviously). We didn't read any of the history they had on the walls, just took pictures with the fun props.

Unfortunately for us however, Platform 9 3/4 is closed due to construction. We couldn't find it at first since it's outside the station. Shira made me ask people where platform 9 3/4 was, I was totally expecting them to say "think you're being funny, do ya?" but they didn't. I don't think Shira will be able to see it before she goes but I'll have to come back.

Tonight we got some traditional Fish and Chips with a few friends. Also something that had been on my list. It wasn't the classic pub style fish and chips because, let's face it, it was a kosher restaurant in London which means really nice and expensive. Still counts.

Now we're waking up tomorrow so Shira can see the Sherlock Holmes museum. I'm glad it's just 10 steps from where I live because I'm exhausted. Also there's a general strike for Wednesday and I'm not sure if that means I have class or not since most of the teachers at London Met are part of that union. Either way I'm not going to do the reading for class. (Also I can't stop saluting.) In good school news, I got a B+ on my theater paper. Hooray!

It's Shira's last day tomorrow but also a Tuesday which means work from 11am - 7pm. On Friday I walked into work and saw New Boss and Other Intern wearing purple shirts. I was like "Oh, I see I didn't get the memo about wearing purple today"
New Boss: "maybe you should read the e-mail I send you once in a while"
Me: "Eh, no thanks"

Lila Tov!
A


No comments:

Post a Comment