Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nicky's Last Fling

Bam! Getting a jump start on this whole blogging-on-time business.

Today at work Other Intern was absent which meant that I got to sit in the office finally today instead of out in the common room which is annoying when I'm trying to watch Misfits. Also good because it gave me ample time to talk to my new boss who I mildly stalk. It was a pretty slow day, the internet was being spotty so I spent about an hour drawing a picture for our door that said INTERACT on it, surrounded by peace signs and unicorns. Obviously my boss thinks it's amazing. He was spending most of the day trying to drum up press over the fact that some minister of something is coming to out volunteering day on Thursday at Kentish Town Farm. Apparently he's a big deal but his office told my boss that he "doesn't want to do activities which might get him dirty", er ok Prime Minister Prima Donna. New Boss asked Kentish Town what we'd be doing and apparently it's all mucking out horse and pig stalls, to which NB started cracking up about. I told him not to laugh when he called the minister's office back but when he did he just started laughing anyways. I'll try not to "accidently" push this guy into manure, if he wants to "volunteer" he should do it, not pretend to.
NB also said he's coming for an hour "An hour! What am I going to do with him for a whole hour?"
Me: Don't let me talk to him...I'll probably just say something offensive.
NB: Ok, we'll keep you in the back.

Finally, a boss that understands me.

Since Other Intern was gone today that meant I had to run the entire magazine staff meeting BY MYSELF which was a tad terrifying. Usually she does most of it and I pretend to take notes. But this was all me. Which was also not so good because only 4 people showed up instead of the expected 12 so after the 4 girls told me where they were with their articles...it was up to me to keep the meeting going for another 37 minutes. That was difficult. I told them that the next week we'd be taking the staff photo for the magazine. One girl said she'd be all wonky due to getting her wisdom teeth out. I mentioned that I heard that you get some sweet drugs from wisdom teeth surgery and another girl said 'oh yeah! you should bring some extra drugs to the meeting next week then people will definitely show up!'. I'm in charge of the meeting for ONE day and already I've turned it into a drug trafficking ring. Awesome.

Tonight, Jackson and I went to this event called 'Scratch and Sniff' at a pub called The Book Club. It was the exact opposite of what we expected which was I don't even know. It was in the basement of this place and the entire ceiling was light bulbs but only 3 of them were lit which was actually cool. This event (which we came late to, and cost 12 pounds) was full of artsy hipsters drawing pastels on tiny sheets of paper.

Apparently the game was that you had to smell these slips of paper with different scents and then draw what it reminded you of and then explain it to everyone in the room. We had already come to late and were too giggly to pay attention but people were SUPER into it. People with thick black glasses and fur vests. I'm pretty sure the whole night was just one big commercial for this guy's perfume line. At the end they said we could have half our money back since we were only there for half an hour. Which we promptly spent at the bar.
They had weird drinks called things like "Nicky's Last Fling" and "Shoreditch Twat" and "Tears at Teatime". They were all super yummy and strong though. Now I have no money. But it's OK because any night out with Jackson is good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment