Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Booze for Jewz

Can we talk about last night please?

I'll start.

I had bought a ticket to J-SOC's pub crawl event. I have never been to a pub crawl but some people I had met on Sukkot would be there as well as some kids from my own program (and one boy who isn't Jewish...just couldn't pass up a pub crawl). the premise didn't seem all that different than what I would normally do on my own. But this had a bus. So...

Here is what happened in the first 30 min, take notes Maryland Hillel on how to make an AWESOME event:
1. Everyone got a shirt, a white shirt that said the event and "Name _____ School ____", then everyone got markers to fill it in, write on each other, draw, make friends etc.
2. Everyone had to find a buddy, then you either got your wrists or legs taped to attach you, then whoever stayed with their buddy longest got a free drink, it's quite hard to maneuver double-decker bus steps, attached at the ankles.
3. Have the coordinators/Rabbi of event hand out unidentified alcoholic drinks in Coke bottles to people on the bus.
4. Let the night begin.

At some point I remember having the brilliant idea that I had no more room on my shirt and that I should just write on myself instead. Which is why I had to scrub off 'meshuga'at', 'PEACE!' 'I love you <3 Lauren!' and 'NOT TZNIUS' off my arms and legs this morning before work. I decided it would be a good day to wear long sleeves anyways...

The last stop was to a bar in Camden, which was actually 3 blocks from where I work. Although getting that point across to people after drinking was difficult. I kept yelling at people that "I work here!!" leading the staff at the bar to say no, actually I did not. It's a good thing I don't have to pass that place everyday or anything....

Work was slow today, another staff meeting. I was too tired to be weird. Plus we had a guest speaker, a reporter from the Jewish Chronicle, which was cool. Although the piece of advice he stressed was that you should do something else besides journalism as your undergrad and then do it in graduate school. Well save your words of wisdom Mr. Dysch, I sent in my journalism school application this morning. I guess I'll just have to get well-rounded elsewhere.

Don't be mad that I'm taking another 4 day break due to Sukkot.
I hope your holiday is amaazzzzzzzzing.

(Also I've noticed that I've been getting pretty consistent blog hits from Russia...care to explain Russia?)

3 comments:

  1. I love the little fishy thing on the side. that's awesome.

    How's British beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured I needed some pizzaz on the site. And in England it's all about the cider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive secretly moved to russia and since this is ananymous youll never know who wrote this

    ReplyDelete