Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More New Boss Stories

Ah! One week left. Uncool.

Nothing happened yesterday except funny conversations with New Boss so I'll just post them here:

New Boss: Next week's the last magazine meeting! We'll have to have some nice mince pies or something.
Me: I'll bring the tequila shots
NB: Maybe everyone should bring something of their culture to the party.
Me: Ok...that's still shots for me though.

NB: I'm so tired. The eco-faith meeting last night went so late.
Me: WAIT. You guys have meetings when I'm not there?!
NB: Yes, hard to believe we can get any work done without you but we manage
Me: It's harder to believe you get any work done when I AM here.

NB: The magazine looks really great guys, really professional
Me: Really? if you saw it on a campus would you take it? Would you pay for it?
NB: Definitely
Me: Can you give me the money?
NB: Well..I mean..I won't. Now.
Other intern: I mean, how much does an Elle cost? 3 pounds?
NB: You're asking me? I don't buy that
Me: Because you have a subscription right? You don't buy it individually.
NB: A gift subscription actually so I don't pay at all. But when I used to get magazines about dinosaurs and precious stones.
Me: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my whole entire life.

My friend told me that my work sounds so fun. But in reality it's like 9 minutes of fun when I'm allowed to talk to people and 8 hours of Cracked.com

After the meeting, New Boss said I should make sure to come to work on Thursday because that's my evaluation day apparently. The worst thing about that (besides for the fact that I haven't anything productive to evaluate) is that when I first started I really DID work hard. But that's when Old Boss was there. And by the time NB took over, I was already ah, comfortable. And he's gonna be writing the appraisal. Good thing I'm so charming.

Today I went coat shopping since the one I've been wearing for the past 2 years is getting a little worn. Plus it's not even keeping me warm in London, I can't imagine what'll happen to me in College Park (aka yes I do know because it's what what I endured last year when I wore that coat in CP). Anyways my roomie and I went to Topshop (which I could live in) and i bought a FUNCTIONAL if not glamourous coat (as per instructions from my mom). Fashion in London is pretty different than in Maryland. I'm excited to bring back all my new clothes but then I start worrying about what people will think and then I remember that I don't care what people think of my clothes and it's fine.

Tonight is our last play in London. It's a comedy (FINALLY) which will hopefully end everything on a high note.


No comments:

Post a Comment