Monday, August 1, 2011

Aug. 1st - Countdown to London: 35 Days

I have a little over a month before take-off. That might be a little preemptive to start my blog posts but I need a "before" aspect. And that before aspect is: I have no idea what's happening.
Things I do not know about this upcoming semester:
- Where I'm living
- Who I'm living with
- What classes I'm taking
- Anyone on my program
- Anyone in London at all

Apparently my program wants to keep everything a big surprise until we get there, which is fine since even if I knew where I was living I wouldn't have any frame of reference. Like oh we're living in that district? Is that the murder district? No idea.

Never having been to England before, combined with the fact that I'm a lazy American with a superiority complex (they're gonna love me!) all my knowledge of London comes from movies and Bridget Jones Diary. I never even met a real live British person until I was 18 and we didn't exactly become best friends after I made her say wingadium leviosa a couple dozen times.
So I'm literally starting from square one. They might as well blindfold me and stick me in front of Big Ben (that's the big clock right?).

Cheers
Aviva

No comments:

Post a Comment